I’m pleased to announce the availability of a new research report on single-use coupons and offers: Coupon and Offer Personalization.
In my last blog, I discussed how companies are employing single-use coupons and single-use offer codes to enhance their personalization efforts. This new research explores coupon and offer personalization from the consumer point of view. It includes insights from 1,100 consumers on a wide range of coupon and offer personalization topics, to gain an understanding of consumer behavior and preferences relating to personalized single-use coupons and discount offers for customer acquisition, engagement, and retention.
Here are two eye-opening stats from the research:
- 88% of the respondents say they are likely to try using high-value digital coupons more than once;,
- 92% say there are highly likely to share a digital coupon with others.
These two stats reinforce the single-use offer strategies that are being employed by many companies today. It can be risky for retailers to offer higher discount coupons because consumers are likely to try to use them more than once, or share the coupon or offer code with others.
Here are some additional highlights from the research:
- 90% of respondents will purchase from a retailer that they rarely or never shopped at if they receive a high-discount coupon from that retailer.
- 92% are you more likely to use a coupon if you have the option to use it either in-store or online?
- 73% prefer to shop at stores that send you custom discount offers based on your purchase history?
This is just a preview. There’s a great deal of insights on coupon and offer personalization, including comments from the respondents. You can access the full report here on our website Resources page.