We know many of the top reasons for medication nonadherence include cost, fear, lack of understanding, and lack of communication. Many pharma companies use copay cards to help patients with costs. Copay cards are often delivered using email or snail mail, and fill reminders and medication communications are most often distributed using email.
However, having helped many Fortune 500 retailers to leverage SMS to increase open rates (98% with SMS vs 20% for email), offer receipt, and offer usage significantly, we see an opportunity to apply this more effective communications channel of SMS / MMS to the challenge of helping patients to reduce costs and increase adherence to their medications.
CodeBroker has a cost effective solution that is quick to deploy and works with your current copay provider. The solution makes it easy for the patient to get a digital copay card delivered straight to their mobile phone, and without any further registration, gives the pharmaceutical marketer a way to communicate directly with patients regarding reminders and communications about the medication.
The process uses best practices CodeBroker has learned from optimizing the registration, offer issuance, and usage reminder process for tens of millions of consumers for the largest retailers and brands.
Copay Card Issuance:
- The patient texts in a keyword to request the copay card.
- The patient receives a link to the registration form immediately, fills in some basic info, and acknowledges authorization/consent, then clicks submit.
- The entire process takes only seconds. That's it. The patient then immediately receives a branded digital copay card on their mobile device which they can optionally save to Apple Wallet.
At this point, the pharma brand can monitor usage of the copay card via the CodeBroker platform.
- Reminders can be set up based on prior copay card registration, viewing, and usage.
- Patient communications can be texted to patients throughout their journey to continue to educate and inform them about the medication, providing soft touches to keep the medication top of mind.
This solution can be easily implemented using the CodeBroker platform while leveraging your existing copay card partner. In fact, CodeBroker can have a solution configured and ready for medical/regulatory approval in days. Everything can be branded to your look and feel, and of course, be customized for your content, acknowledgements, ISI, etc.
If you are looking for a cost effective, easy to deploy solution to help increase medication adherence, please contact us so we can show you how.