Written by: Stefanie Gray
Cyber Monday 2015 was a record setting event with over $3 billion in sales surpassing both 2014 sales and forecasted projections. In fact, according to wired.com, more people shopped online than in stores over the Thanksgiving weekend. Given that shopping online is becoming the consumer channel of choice, brick and mortar retailers are ramping up their efforts to improve the online shopping experience.
A simple, yet elegant, SMS marketing best practice enhancement to the online shopping experience is to include an “add to cart” button at the bottom of a mobile offer.
By clicking on the “Add Coupon to Cart” button, the offer is automatically applied during checkout. No more opening a new browser window to hunt for special deals – increasing the likelihood the cart will be abandoned if your customer cannot find a coupon or locates a better deal from a competitor!
Another option is to present all available offers to your customer during checkout. Let your customer decide which offer(s) they want to apply to the current purchase.
- Reduced the amount of time at checkout.
- Improve the online redemption rates.
- Reduce cart abandonment rates.
- Improve behavior tracking as you will know who has viewed the coupon, who has gone to eComm site, and when the offer was redeemed.
- A great online customer experience.
- The ability to use analytics to improve offer segmentation and re-targeting.
Stay tuned for more SMS marketing best practices or, you can click on mobile coupon software to learn how mobile offers help retailers improve their bottom line.